HIGHLANDS RANCH MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
A motorcycle accident can result in catastrophic injuries that can permanently change the course of your life. Motorcycle laws in Colorado establish that motorcycles have the same right to use the road as other drivers, but many drivers do not leave adequate room for motorcycles and their riders, often resulting in substantial personal injury. A Highlands Ranch Motorcycle Accident Lawyer can help.
In general, you should call a Highlands Ranch motorcycle accident lawyer if:
- You suffered serious injuries in your motorcycle accident. Serious injuries may require you to seek substantial compensation through a personal injury claim, and insurance companies may fight hard to limit the compensation they have to pay out. A Highlands Ranch motorcycle accident lawyer can help you understand and fight for the compensation you really deserve.
- The driver that caused your motorcycle accident, or that driver’s insurance company, tries to dispute liability for the accident.
- The insurance company offers a settlement that you do not feel is fair. This can be a settlement either for the damages to your motorcycle in a relatively minor accident or a settlement that includes compensation for severe injuries.
- The insurance company refuses to pay the compensation you deserve or delays payment for any reason.
Dealing with insurance companies after a motorcycle accident on your own can quickly turn into a headache. Having an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer on your side can make a big difference in the compensation you can recover.
WHAT STEPS SHOULD I TAKE AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
The steps you take after your motorcycle accident can protect you financially and physically in the aftermath of the accident. To help make sure you get the medical care you need and increase the odds that you will get the compensation you deserve:
- Report the accident. Calling 911 will bring both the Denver Police Department and an ambulance to the scene of the accident. Give the responding officer an accurate idea of what led to the accident, including any outside factors you feel may have contributed.
- Seek medical attention. Some injuries may require you to go to the hospital immediately in an ambulance. Even if you think you did not sustain severe injuries, however, you should still seek medical care to maximize your odds of making a full recovery and to provide evidence of when your injuries, if you did sustain any, took place.
- Keep track of your medical bills. You may need them later to establish the compensation you deserve as part of a personal injury claim.
- Get in touch with an attorney as soon as you can. An attorney can help go over the compensation you deserve.
- Avoid accepting liability for the accident or brushing off the driver’s actions at any point. Try not to share unnecessary information about your recovery with the insurance company that covers the liable driver.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE MOST COMMON INJURIES IN A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
Motorcycle accidents can include immense injuries due to the lack of protection offered by the motorcycle when compared to a passenger vehicle. Injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injury. Helmet use can reduce, but may not fully eliminate, the risk of traumatic brain injury in a motorcycle accident.
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Broken bones.
- Road rash/friction burns
- Severe facial lacerations
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT INJURIES?
As the party injured in the motorcycle accident, you will bear liability for paying for the cost of your medical care. However, you may have the right to compensation through a personal injury claim if another driver’s negligence caused your injuries. The liable driver in a motorcycle accident may include:
- The driver who caused the accident. Sometimes, motorcycle riders may cause or contribute to serious accidents. Other times, motorcycle accident injuries may occur as a result of a larger vehicle’s blind spots, the driver’s distraction, or negligent or dangerous behavior on the part of the driver.
- The driver’s employer, if the driver was on the clock at the time of the accident. An attorney can evaluate whether the driver’s employer had dangerous policies that could cause the driver to engage in unsafe behavior on the road, including speeding or driving recklessly.
- The manufacturer of a vehicle, including either your motorcycle or the other driver’s vehicle, that malfunctioned due to mechanical error, leading to the accident.
DO YOU NEED HELP IN HIGHLANDS RANCH, DENVER, OR SURROUNDING AREAS?
TOP-RATED HIGHLANDS RANCH MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER NEAR YOU
Chaput Law is a top-rated Colorado law firm that focuses on personal injury and criminal defense. We represent clients in Denver, Highlands Ranch, Littleton, and all surrounding cities in Arapahoe and Douglas Counties.
If you are looking for a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Highlands Ranch that will help you get the compensation you deserve, look no further.
Contact us today for a free consultation. Don’t make the mistake of settling for a low offer just because you want to get this behind you. You need to fight for your financial well-being and we can help.