Denver Restraining Orders Attorney


  • Top-Rated Denver Restraining Orders Attorney.
  • 100% Honest Assessment of your Charges. Expert Legal Advice.
  • Call or text for FREE Consultation. Payment Plans Available.
  • What is a restraining order in Denver?

  • A restraining order is a court order that prohibits contact between two parties to prevent one party from injuring or harassing the other.
  • What is a temporary restraining order (TRO)?

  • A temporary restraining order (TRO) is a type of restraining order that is typically issued to prevent imminent danger on one party and goes into effect immediately after the defendant or adverse party is served with the order. Temporary restraining orders typically last 14 days and can be extended up to 120 days.
  • What is a permanent restraining order (PRO)?

  • Permanent restraining orders can last forever and are ordered after a judge makes a finding of good cause to warrant such an order being issued. The adverse party does not need to attend the PRO hearing, but the restrained party must be served with the order for it to take effect.
  • What is an emergency protection order (EPO)?

  • Emergency protection orders are issued by police if they find that the victim is in danger of sexual abuse or domestic violence and it is outside normal court hours. These types of orders only last 3 days and are made to be only a bridge solution to allow the victim time to go to court to get a TPO or permanent restraining order.
  • How long does a restraining order last in Denver?

  • A temporary restraining order, or TRO, typically lasts 14 days but can be extended up to 120 days depending on the circumstances. A permanent restraining order, or PRO, on the other hand is just that – it’s permanent.

Do You Need Help with a Denver Restraining Order?

Get the help of an experienced trial attorney on your side. As an experienced Colorado restraining order lawyer and criminal defense attorney, Matt Chaput will help advocate on your behalf and get your restraining order granted. Need help? Contact us now.

Get the Protection You Need.


Matt Chaput, DUI Lawyer

If you have been a victim of domestic violence, or domestic assault — or any other violent crime, often the first question is how can you stop the harassment? The short answer is you have the right to get an order preventing the other party from coming near you, your work and your home. Even when I was a Deputy District Attorney I would advise people to speak with an attorney before making decisions. Having an attorney is a right given to us by the United States Constitution and one that everyone should take advantage of. Being harassed by someone or living in fear is the last thing anyone should have to deal with. It can affect your job, and your mental health and well-being. I can help you get a Colorado restraining order and stop the harassment immediately. If they don’t leave you alone after that, they will be put in jail.

If you do not have knowledge of the law and want to increase the chances of a favorable outcome of your case, it’s always smart to at least speak to an experienced criminal defense attorney about the options before you decide to file a Colorado restraining order on your own. When you hire an attorney it becomes their job to advocate on your behalf to get you the best possible outcome.

If you want help getting the protection you deserve or you need someone to give you straightforward, no-pressure advice on what you should do next, pick up the phone and call now.

Payment plans are available. Contact us today to learn more.


Here are some facts you should know about Colorado Restraining Orders:

  • It is a misdemeanor for someone to violate a court-ordered restraining order in Colorado
  • Penalties can include anywhere from 3 – 24 months in jail, depending on the case
  • Fines can range from $250 – $5,000
  • Even if your restraining order is granted, you must have the other party served for it to take effect
  • You cannot serve the other party yourself
  • You can have the local Sheriffs, a friend or family member or a process server serve the other party

I think Matt is a great Attorney and will help anyone who needs it.

-Google Review

Don't Wait. Call Now.